Friday, November 7, 2014

Oh Darkness, My Darkness, How Do I Love Thee...

I dreamt I had accordion accompaniment
or ukulele perhaps
you fancied me, for company
akin to Spinal Tap

in the fortysomethingth year
of a dubious time
I'll risked it all
on a silly rhyme

to be of assistance to this band of three
a fourth on the way, to be named this new he.
Sock washing, cape steaming, flat ironing the t's
Bonnie walking, coffee shopping, assailing the needs

of a travelling monster, a beautiful beast
festooning dressing rooms.
Administering vegan feasts
with sweet potatoes and legumes

Merchandise I sold at a fervid pace
blown out amp tubes I'd replaced,
packed the gear and the suitcase
inconvenience I effaced

The Darkness factotum, girl Friday, merch woman
my bunk was upper seven
I shared it with Dylan, my daughter, and taught her
indeed, they go to eleven,

A dream though it was, could there be still a way,
for me, perhaps a chance
to document a show or two
my name is Persistence.

A few nights of East Coast reverie,
recorded for posterity
by a woman, lovingly
Mother of the Gods, is she.

"Demonstrating sweet love and affection
that you give so openly
I like the way you make me feel about you baby (Darkness),
want the whole wide world to see"

No comments:

Post a Comment