Thursday, July 10, 2014

Oh the bands I have seen.

Being brought to a Grateful Dead show at age 4 seems like a good place to start. After that is was any and all local things my uncle's band "Fountainhead" played at when I was a kid.  He was the bassist, god rest his soul.  I wonder if he has more of an influence on my life than I thought at the time, and my own house was always full of music. But enough nostalgia, on with the list. Some of these bands were one night stands and some were multiple sightings, I'll highlight those.

The first real concert I suppose I went to was Shaun Cassidy at The New Haven Coliseum in 5th grade. Oh those white pants. Hey Deenie, won't YOU come out tonight! I probably wore my Andy Gibb T shirt. It wasn't long though until I started listening to Queen and Kiss and in middle school I think, If I am remembering correctly, I went to see The Cars. Now, in addition to all of the local bands I saw at the skating rink or the local band room, I began a lifetime of concert going, both large and small sometime in the 9th grade.

Here is a partial list of the bands I have seen: of course The Darkness, Duran Duran, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Accept, Anthrax, The Beastie Boys ( when I danced in the cage onstage) Cyndi Lauper, UB40, Pat Travers, Motley Crue , Van Halen, INXS, Ziggy Marley, Slayer, Hanson, Overkill, Pearl Jam(opening for Smashing Pumpkins and RHCP) RHCP, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Ozbourne, Elton John, The Ramones, The Cult, Divinyls, Joan Jett, Yngvie Malmsteen, Rolling Stones, Black Flag, GBH, The Front, Bang Tango, Skid Row, Metallica, Sting, Def Leppard, Billy Squier, Cheap Trick, Tom Petty, Norah Jones, BB King, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Tower of Power, NRBQ, Big Audio Dynamite, Steve Winwood, Alison Krauss, Robert Plant, Dave Matthews, Living Colour, 247 Spys, Bad Brains, Ray Charles, James Brown, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Idol, Buckcherry, The Wallflowers, The B52's, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, Poison, Squeeze, Frankie goes to Hollywood, Dokken, Cinderella, Queensryche, Adam Ant, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Loverboy, Fishbone, Charlie Sexton, Soundgarden, U2, Black Veil Brides, Sleeping with Sirens, Megadeth, Testament, I'll add  more as my old brain remembers them, but this is a good start....

Be back with more! And 3 days till Warped tour! WOOT!

Grateful Dead-ing it with KK dubs In Boston circa 1996.  KK and I hit more RCHP and Overkill shows together than you can shake a stick at. My partner in crime and certified tour bus chaser!


Oh add Old Crow Medicine Show to the list. Jerry Garcia Band, Blues Traveller, Rat Dog, 

No comments:

Post a Comment